Our Roof Consulting services offer our clients expertise in roof system evaluation, failure investigation, re-roof design and quality assurance observation during the roof application process.
We provide testing and assessment services, project design and project management in the areas of Asbestos and Lead. We are familiar with current federal, state and local regulations for asbestos and lead necessary to comply with regulations and to protect building owners from potential liability.
About Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance
Founded in 1987 originally as the Polyurethane Foam Contractors Division, the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance (SPFA) is the collective voice, along with the educational and technical resource, for the spray polyurethane foam industry. Our experienced staff and member-comprised committees provide a wide variety of services to the industry.
SPFA develops tools designed to educate and influence the construction industry with the positive benefits of spray polyurethane foam roofing, insulation, coatings, and specialty installations.
Although the SPFA is a completely independent trade association, we have a strong relationship with the American Chemistry Council's (ACC) Center for Polyurethanes Industry (CPI), along with the Sprayfoam Coalition. These groups have assisted the SPFA to better serve the spray polyurethane foam industry's business needs on local, state, and national issues.
SPFA continues to provide many services to our members and the SPF industry with the following:
- Certification Programs on spray polyurethane foam roofing, inspections, building envelope, health and safety, etc.
- Technical Literature and Guidelines on spray polyurethane foam roofing, freezers/coolers, tanks and vessels, commercial, residential or industrial insulation, air/moisture control systems, thermal barriers, etc.
- 800 "Member Helpline" for Technical questions (1-800-523-6154).
- Annual Spray Foam Convention and Exposition that brings suppliers, contractors, researchers, and industry experts together to present and discuss the state of industry trends, technology, equipment, and opportunities.
- Federal and state advocacy on issues pertinent to the industry and our membership.
- Website to communicate information to our members and persons interested in the spray polyurethane foam industry (www.sprayfoam.org).
- Research & development specific to spray polyurethane foam systems, performance, fire safety, and more.
- Directory and Buyers' Guide enables end-users to contact our members by type of business and by region.
- SPFA helps to identify regulatory and legislative activities and coordinates proactive responses and action.
- Substantial member discounts on convention attendance and Professional Certification to incentivize participation, provision of best practices information to empower convention-goers, and utilization of SPFA's Professional Certification Program (PCP).
SPFA is a 501(c)6 trade association, comprised of the SPF value chain including contractors, manufacturers, and distributors of polyurethane foam, related equipment, and protective coatings, inspections, surface preparations, and other services. Our members are professionals who are successful because of their knowledge, experience, and capability in providing long-lasting installations of polyurethane foam systems.
Whatever your relationship with the plastics insulation, roofing, or construction industries, SPFA has benefits and services designed to make your job easier, your employees perform better, your forecast tighter, or your sales figures higher. Whether your interest is helping establish dialogue with code agencies or raising the bar of your own performance, chances are SPFA already has a committee, special purpose group, or division at work on your concern. You'll discover that SPFA is an intricate network of people dedicated to the SPF industry. Join the network, today.
SPFA has a policy on antitrust compliance. It states:
"Our policy is to comply with all federal, state and local laws, including the antitrust laws. It is expected that all company member representatives involved in SPFA activities and SPFA staff will be sensitive to the unique legal issues involving trade associations and, accordingly, will take all measures necessary to comply with U.S. antitrust laws and similar foreign competition laws."
It is a per se violation of the federal antitrust laws for competitors to agree on prices, limitation of supplies, allocation of customers or territory, or boycotts. "Per se" means that no legal defense can be used to mitigate this automatic violation.
Even an agreement by competitors that is for the good of society and our industry may be a violation of the antitrust laws if it could affect competition.
If a topic of antitrust concern is raised at any time during a meeting, note your objection for the record. If the topic continues to be discussed, you should leave the room immediately and contact SPFA's general counsel and your company's attorney for further guidance.
Ensure that every SPFA meeting, where members are present, has an agenda, the agenda is followed, and minutes are kept by SPFA staff of the proceedings.
Understanding and acting on the requirements of U.S. and foreign antitrust and competition laws sometimes can be difficult. If you have a question about the propriety of activities or discussions in SPFA, you are encouraged immediately to contact your company's legal counsel and SPFA management.
Read the SPFA Antitrust Guidelines for Conducting Meetings HERE
SPFA believes that the path to a healthful, safe, high-quality and performing SPF installation travels through the hands of a knowledgeable, trained, experienced, and ideally PCP-certified professional contractor.