1. SPFA Website Terms and Conditions of Use
3. SPFA Social Media Policy
SPFA WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
This page of the SPFA website contains the terms and conditions under which you may use the website. Please read this page carefully before proceeding. By accessing the website you accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use, without limitation or qualification. If you do not accept these terms and conditions of use as stated here, do not use the website. SPFA may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these terms and conditions of use at any time by updating this page of the website. You are bound by any such modification or revision and should therefore visit this page periodically to review the terms and conditions.
SECTION 1 - USE OF MATERIALS
The contents of the SPFA website, including, but not limited to text, photographs, graphics, illustrations, charts, tables, graphs, publications, logos, trademarks, service marks or other materials (hereinafter “Materials”) are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws in the United States and elsewhere. The Materials include both content owned and controlled by the SPFA and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to the SPFA.
SPFA authorizes you to view and download a single copy of the Material on the website solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not sell or modify the Material or reproduce, display, distribute, or otherwise use the Material in any way for any public or commercial purpose without the prior written permission of the SPFA. If you violate any of these terms and conditions, your permission to use the Material automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made.
SECTION 2 – USE OF SPFA ONLINE MEMBER DIRECTORY
The SPFA makes available on its website a Member Directory which incorporates various search features. It includes basic member data, which may include, member contact information, including a descriptive paragraph about the member, among other features. Each SPFA member listed on the Directory assumes sole and exclusive responsibility for updating and correcting information about the member. SPFA assume no responsibility or liability for any incorrect or outdated information contained in a Member Director listing.
- SPFA HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR THE DISRUPTION OR INOPERABILITY OF THE MEMBER DIRECTORY OR THE INABILITY OF A MEMBER OR NON-MEMBER PARTY SEEKING TO CONTACT THE MEMBER TO ACCESS OR MAKE USE OF THE MEMBER DIRECTORY FEATURE OF THE SPFA WEBSITE.
- SPFA FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION OR DATA CONTAINED WITH A MEMBER’S DIRECTORY LISTING.
- SPFA DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF MEMBER UPLOADING OR DISPLAYING COPYRIGHTED IMAGES OR TEXT OF A THIRD PARTY.
- BY THE INCLUSION OF A MEMBER’S INFORMATION ON THE MEMBER DIRECTORY, THE SPFA IS NOT AND DOES NOT ENDORSE, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENT THE QUALITY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF ANY ENTITY LISTED ON THE DIRECTORY.
- SPFA SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS AND DENIES ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO A THIRD PARTY’S USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OF A MEMBER LISTED IN THE DIRECTORY.
SECTION 3 - NO WARRANTIES
THE WEBSITE AND THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS ONLY, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OR ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THE SPFA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY OR THIRD PARTY RIGHTS. SPFA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES MAKE NO WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR SERVICES CONTAINED HEREIN, INCLUDING PUBLICATIONS, CONTENT, GRAPHICS, PHOTOGRAPHS, CHARTS, TABLES, CALCULATIONS, OR ILLUSTRATIONS, CONTENTS OF THE MEMBER DIRECTORY AND ANY LINKS TO/FROM THE SPFA WEBSITE. THE SPFA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES FURTHER AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIM AND DENY ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, CAUSES OF ACTION, DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, INJURIES OR DAMAGES TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF, RELATED TO, OR RESULTING FROM YOUR OR ANY THIRD PARTY USE OF OR RELIANCE UPON THE SPFA WEBSITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS CONTAINED OR REFERENCED HEREIN.
SPFA DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR SERVER ARE FREE OF HARMFUL ITEMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN IN ANY WAY DAMAGES OR RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING YOUR EQUIPMENT OR DATA, THE SPFA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES RESULTING THEREFROM OR RELATED THERETO.
SECTION 4 - LIMITATION OF LIABILITY/DISCLAIMER OF DAMAGES
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SPFA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS AND/OR AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR LOST PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SPFA WEBSITE OR ANY OF THE MATERIALS CONTAINED HEREIN, WHETHER BASED ON A CLAIM OR THEORY OF WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT THE SPFA IS OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR INJURIES.
SECTION 5 - COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
SPFA may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, remove or disable access to materials on the website that infringe on the rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used on the website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the SPFA with a written notice (e-mail is sufficient) that includes the following: An electronic or physical signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly being infringed; identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; a description of where the material you claim is infringing is located on the website; Your address, telephone number and e-mail address; a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; a statement by you, under penalty of perjury, that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. This information should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 6 - LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The SPFA website contains links to third party websites that are maintained by others. These links are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the SPFA of the contents of such third-party websites. SPFA is not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. If you decide to access linked third-party websites, you do so at your own risk.
- Who we are
- What information we collect
- How we use your information
- Who may use your information
- Third party links and services
- How we protect your information
- Where your information is processed
- Marketing Communications
- How long we keep your information
- Change in Terms of Privacy
- Site Content
- Your rights
- How to contact us
This policy applies to all of the personal information and data we collect about you, including information collected at events and information collected at www.sprayfoam.org and any other websites (including mobile access) where this policy is linked to; all of which are referred to as the “Site” in this policy.
We may occasionally amend this policy. Any new policy will automatically be effective when it is published on the Site. You should therefore return here regularly to view our most up to date policy. You should also print a copy for your records.
About Wire Reinforcement Institute
You can find details about the SPFA at: www.sprayfoam.org
The site is owned and operated by the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance, Inc. The SPFA is incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States (EIN:20-0374296) and its registered office is located at 11 Hope Road, Suite 111 #308, Stafford, VA 22554.
For the purposes of the General Date Protection Regulation (2016/679) (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is the SPFA, which is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit association incorporated in the Commonwealth of Virginia and having its principal office location at 11 Hope Road, Suite 111 #308, Stafford, VA 22554.
What Information does SPFA collect?
Most of your information and data we collect (Personal Data) is provided directly by you. This may include:
- Contact information – information such as name, job title, company name, department, email address, physical mailing address and telephone number;
- Professional information – such as your employment background, job description and related information;
- Transaction information – your contact information, the services you are interested in, your purchasing requirements, your financial information including credit card or other payment information;
- Responses to surveys – information you provide in responding to a survey on the Site, via an app or email, on the telephone or otherwise;
- Details related to event participation – special requirements such as aids and dietary needs (which will be distributed to third parties as appropriate such as caterers and facilities to prepare for your participation);
- Photographic and audio images - By registering for and by your presence at any SPFA event (conferences, courses, board, committee, commission, other group meetings, or any events offered by the association), you consent to be photographed, filmed, videotaped and/or otherwise recorded. Your registration constitutes your consent to such photography, filming and/or recording and to any use, in any and all media throughout the universe in perpetuity, of your appearance, voice and name for any purpose whatsoever in connection with the SPFA event. You understand that all photography, filming and/or recording will be done in reliance upon this consent given by you by entering the event facilities (conference rooms, board rooms, exhibit halls, convention centers, and any other venue chosen for the activity). If you do not agree to the foregoing, please do not enter the event facilities.
We may also collect, and process information obtained through the Site or the device you are using, including:
- Member information (including username and password);
- Location information (including GPS signals sent by a mobile device, location information gathered from social media networks or sensor or IP address data from your device;
- information from cookies, web beacons or from the internet, including your IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times, which pages you visit within our Site and referring website addresses – for more on this please see the next section below on how we use your information;
- If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example if you ask us to connect with your Facebook account) we may get information that way too; and,
- We may record any telephone calls for quality assurance and training purposes, and we may record any virtual meetings such as webinars.
- We may use publicly accessible information to verify information we are provided with and to manage and expand our organization.
Throughout the website there may be forms to request information and purchase or obtain products and/or services through the SPFA. These forms typically ask for contact information, financial information, and demographic information. Information from these forms is used to deliver the information, products and/or services that you request. It may also be used to notify you of future SPFA programs, products, services and/or opportunities that may be of interest to you. When completing these forms, please do not supply another person’s personal data to us unless we prompt you to do so and you have received that individual’s consent to do so.
How does SPFA use your information?
We use information collected about you as outlined in this Policy.
Our primary purpose in collecting your Personal Data is to provide you with the services you requested and those which we believe will optimize your use of the Site and membership in the SPFA. We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide the information, services or support you request and related information and updates regarding the SPFA and its various programs and organization events and conferences;
- To identify you, and to contact you from time to time with SPFA services and programs updates;
- To send other messages that are useful to the service we provide, including messages regarding our awards programs as well as messages from and regarding the SPFA;
- To manage our relationship with you and to carry out any related administration;
- To provide personalized, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us and third parties;
- To promote services, or the services of our suppliers, including by email and via social media platforms (subject to the relevant marketing permissions);
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties*;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful and to enforce our Policy or any other purpose referenced herein or therein*;
- To carry out research, including market research, statistical research on site traffic, sales and other commercial information to assist us in improving the services we provide to you and tailor to the Site*;
- To keep track of the areas of our Site you visit, the amount of time you spend and the date and time you access our Site to enable us to tailor it to better match your interests and/or preferences.
In more legal terms, we process your Personal Data where we have your consent to do so, which you may withdraw at any time, or otherwise where this is necessity for:
- The performance of our contract with you for the provision of our services or to take preliminary steps at your request;
- Us to fulfil our legal obligations; or,
- The purposes of the legitimate nonprofit interests pursued by the SPFA or by a third party.
*However, you can object to processing on any of these bases at any time and, if you do so, we will stop processing the personal data unless we can show compelling legitimate grounds which override your rights and interests, or we need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims – see “Your rights” below.
- Essential: cookies that are essential to provide you with services you have requested. For example, these include the cookies that make it possible for you to stay logged into your SPFA account. If you set your browser to block these cookies, then these functions and services will not work for you. In particular, we won’t be able to save your preferences about cookies.
- Performance: cookies which measure how often you visit our sites and how you use them. We use this information to get a better sense of how our users engage with our site, so that users have a better experience. For example, we collect information about which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance. For example, the Google Analytics cookie gives us information such as your journey between pages and whether you have downloaded anything.
- Functionality: cookies that are used to recognize you and remember your preferences or settings when you return to our site, so that we can provide you with a more personalized experience.
- Advertising: cookies that are used to collect information about your visit to our site, the content you have viewed, the links you have followed and information about your browser, device and your IP address. We have set out more details on this below.
Who may use your information?
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. However, subject to your permission, we share information that may be of interest to you from time-to-time from third parties for purposes of marketing programs and services, including displaying contact information about your company on our website in the Member Directory.
We may also disclose your personal data to enforce our policies, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interests of security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where we have entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority. We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, security, people and other rights or interests.
We share your information with third parties who help deliver our services to you. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
You may have accessed our Site through a hyperlink from the website of one of our subsidiaries or trading partners. If so, you consent to your personal details and purchase information, including behavioral patterns, being shared with that trading partner in accordance with our contractual relationship with them.
If the SPFA merges with or is acquired by another organization, and/or if its assets are transferred to a third party, your personal information, as a valuable asset, may also be transferred to the acquirer or the entity resulting from the merger, even if they are not in the same line of business as us. Our member database could be sold separately from the rest of the organization, in whole or in a number of parts. Potential purchasers or merger parties and their advisors may have limited access to data as part of the merger or acquisition process. However, use of your personal information will remain subject to this Policy. Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the unlikely event of a liquidation, bankruptcy or administration.
Please remember that when you share information publicly on the Site, for example a comment on a blog post, it may be indexable by search engines, including Google, which may mean that the information is made public.
Third party links and services
The Site may use and contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites or services. Therefore, please read carefully any privacy policies on those links or websites before either agreeing to their terms or using those websites. If you have asked us to share data with third party sites (such as social media sites), their servers may not be secure. Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
The SPFA Site is not directed to children under the age of 13. I you are not 13 years of age or older, you are not permitted to use the SPFA Site. SPFA does not knowingly collect Personal Data or information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that Personal Data of persons under the age of 13 has been collected through the SPFA Site, we will take prompt and appropriate measures to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child or a minor under the age of 13 has posted, submitted or otherwise communicated Personal Data to the SPFA Site without your knowledge or consent, then you may alert the SPFA by contacting our headquarters by email at email@example.com or calling (800) 523-6154.
How Does SPFA Protect Your Information?
We take what we consider to be appropriate technical and organizational measures to guard against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally. However, it remains your responsibility:
- Where you have a member’s account for the Site:
- To log off or exit from Site when not using it;
- To ensure no-one else uses the Site while your device is logged on to the Site (including by logging on to your device through a mobile, Wi-Fi or shared access connection you are using);
- To keep your password or other access information secret. Your password and log in details are personal to you and should not be given to anyone else or used to provide shared access for example over a network. You should use a password which is unique to your use of the Site – do not use the same password as you use for another site or email account; and,
- To maintain good internet security. For example, if your email account or Facebook account is compromised this could allow access to your account with us if you have given us those details and/or permitted access through those accounts. If your email account is compromised, it could be used to ask us to reset a password and gain access to your account with us. You should keep all of your account details secure. If you think that any of your accounts has been compromised you should change your account credentials with us, and in particular make sure any compromised account does not allow access to your account with us. You should also tell us as soon as you can so that we can try to help you keep your account secure and if necessary, warn anyone else who could be affected.
Your Personal Data is generally stored on servers located in the United States. If you are located in another country or jurisdiction, you should be aware that once your Personal Data is submitted through the SPFA site, it will be transferred to our servers in the United States and that the United States does not have uniform data protection laws in place.
When you became a member of SPFA you agreed that we may transfer your Personal Data to countries outside the United States and European Economic Area. We will put in place appropriate security measures to safeguard your Personal Data where any such transfer is made. If we transfer your Personal Data outside your country, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected in compliance with applicable data protection law and this Policy.
If you have given permission, we may contact you about any of the following:
- SPFA programs and activities;
- Committee updates (where applicable);
- Communities of practice;
- Existing SPFA member updates;
- Membership renewal reminders (only for existing members);
- Invitations to webinars and teleconferences designed to enhance your membership experience and/or professional practice;
- Invitations to participate in our initiated and/or supported research;
- Information about our industry and professional research and education; and/or,
- Events and educational programs and opportunities;
- Newsletters and other SPFA publications.
SPFA will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable domestic and international law.
You should have a prior relationship with the person receiving your email. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us and/or our partners, you can opt out at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us at (800) 523-6154. See further “Your rights,” below.
How long does SPFA keep your information?
We will retain your personal data only as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy, or as is required by applicable law, and then we will delete it.
Change in terms of privacy
SPFA reserves the right to alter its privacy policies. Any changes to the policy will be posted on this page. This Site is controlled and operated by the Spray Polyurethane Foam Alliance, Inc. from its offices within the United States. SPFA makes no representations that materials, information, or content available on or through this Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where such materials, information, or content are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations do so on their own volition and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
Correction and Removal
If any of the information that we have about you is incorrect, or if you wish to have information (including your Personal Data) removed from our records, you may do so by:
- Contacting our headquarters by emailing your request to email@example.com
- You can call (800) 523-6154
As explained above, you have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from SPFA and any authorized third parties. In addition, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, you may have the right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel e.g. email or telephone, please specify the channel to which you are objecting.
Your European Rights
For European Residents only, you have the right to ask SPFA not to process your Personal Data for marketing purposes. You may exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Data.
Further, to the extent permitted by the laws of your country, you may also have the right to access, correct, delete, restrict, be forgotten, or object to processing of, or request data portability of the personal data collected about you subject to some conditions and exceptions. You can find out more about these rights in the EU by reading the General Data Protection Regulation here: http://www.eugdpr.org/the-regulation.html. In the EU you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator there.
SPFA contact details are below if you wish to inquire about any of those rights or would like to submit a request.
For Residents of California
For residents of California only, Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, as amended, requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties.
If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to SPFA, you may request from SPFA a disclosure of what information we share with third parties for use in direct marketing, who those third parties are and what they do. Such requests must be submitted by email to SPFA by contacting our headquarters by emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (800) 523-6154. You also have the right to prevent disclosure of your personal information by contacting SPFA by email at email@example.com or by calling us at (800) 523-6154.
How do you contact SPFA?
If you have any questions about this Policy, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this website, we encourage you to contact us using the following details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- elephone: (800) 523-6154.
BY POSTING ON ANY SPFA SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO BE BOUND BY AND ADHERE TO THE FOLLWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The SPFA may or has created and opened various public social media platforms, including, but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, bulletin boards, and blog pages (“social media platforms”) for viewing content and/or videos and posting comments, including the exchange of ideas, relevant and useful information, problems and solutions that relate to the welded wire reinforcement industry. By accessing, viewing, using and/or posting any content or comments related directly or indirectly to an SPFA social media platform on the internet, you accept, without limitation or qualification, the following terms and conditions of use.
The opinions and/or views expressed on the SPFA’s social media platforms represent the thoughts of individual bloggers, social media managers, and online communities, and not necessarily those of the SPFA, its officers, directors, employees or volunteers. The opinions and views expressed on these pages do not in any way reflect the views of the site they are posted on, other sites affiliated with the site, persons involved in maintaining the site, or any members of the site.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Policy, you should not view or post any content to any SPFA social media platform on the internet. Your use of the SPFA’s social media platform is deemed to be a binding and conclusive acceptance of this Policy and has the same effect as if you had actually physically signed an agreement.
- You must be at least 18 years old to post any content on any SPFA social media platform.
- You are strictly prohibited from posting any content to any SPFA social media platform on the internet that violates any local, state, federal or international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws regarding any content that you send or receive via this Policy; transmit any material, comment or information (by uploading, posting, e-mail, or otherwise) that is unlawful, false, disruptive, threatening, profane, abusive, harassing, embarrassing, tortuous, defamatory, obscene, libelous, or is an invasion of another’s privacy, is hateful, malicious, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable as solely determined in the SPFA’s absolute discretion; impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; transmit any material, comment or information (by uploading, posting, e-mail or otherwise) that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual, professional or fiduciary relationships; transmit any material, comment or information (by uploading, posting, e-mail or otherwise) that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party; transmit (by uploading, posting, e-mail or otherwise) any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising of products or services, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation; transmit any material, comment or information (by uploading, posting, e-mail or otherwise) that contains software viruses, worms, disabling code, or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; harass another; or collect or store, or attempt to collect or store, personal data about third parties without their knowledge and consent; or to share confidential or proprietary information of any party.
- At all times respect copyright, fair use and financial disclosure laws and be sure to respect your audience. Be sure to add value in your comments and postings.
- The SPFA reserves the right to monitor, prohibit, restrict, block, suspend, terminate, delete or discontinue your access to any SPFA social media platform, at any time, without notice and for any reason and in its sole and absolute discretion. The SPFA or its authorized agent may remove, delete block, filter or restrict by any other means any materials on the SPFA’s social media platforms in the SPFA’s sole and absolute discretion. You understand and agree that the SPFA may disclosure your communications and activities in response to lawful requests by governmental authorities, including judicial orders, warrants or subpoenas, or for the protection of the SPFA. You agree that in the event the SPFA exercises any of these rights hereunder for any reason neither the SPFA, nor its officers, directors, employees or volunteers will have any liability to you.
- You are strictly prohibited from using or displaying the SPFA’s logos or trademarks unless authorized in writing to do so.
- By posting any content on the SPFA’s social media platforms, you grant the SPFA an irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, and display such content and the right to create derivative works from your content, edit or modify such content and use such content for SPFA’s purposes.
- You hereby agree that you shall defend, indemnify and hold the SPFA and its officers, directors, employees, agents and volunteers harmless from and against, and shall promptly reimburse them for , any and all losses, claims, actions, causes of action, liabilities, damages or injuries to persons, property, business or reputation, settlements, costs and expenses of any nature (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and court costs) to which any of them may become subject arising out of, resulting from or in any way connected with your posting of any content to a Social Media Site, any third party claims of infringement or any breach of this Policy.
- YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY RELATED TO THE SECURITY, PRIVACY, AND CONFIDENTIALITY RISKS INHERENT IN SENDING ANY CONTENT OVER THE INTERNET. By its very nature, a website and the internet cannot be absolutely protected against intentional or malicious intrusion attempts. The SPFA exercises no controls over Third Party Sites and the internet over which you may choose to send confidential or proprietary information or other content and therefore, THE SPFA DOES NOT WARRANT OR SAFEGUARD AGAINST ANY such interceptions or compromises to your information. When posting any content on an internet site, you should think very carefully about your own privacy in disclosing detailed or private information about yourself and others. Furthermore, THE SPFA DOES NOT ENDORSE ANY PRODUCT, SERVICE, VIEWS OR CONTENT DISPLAYED ON THE SOCIAL MEDIA SITES.
- You agree that any claim or dispute relating to your posting of any content on an SPFA social media platform on the internet shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia without regard to its conflict of law provisions and you agree to be bound by and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the local, state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- You agree that you shall not provide any content on any SPFA social media platform that contains any product or service endorsements, or any content that may be construed as political lobbying, solicitations or contributions or use the SPFA social media platforms to link to any sites or political candidates or parties or use the SPFA’s social media platforms to discuss political campaigns, issues or for taking a position on any legislation or law.
- THIS POLICY MAY BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE, AND EACH TIME A USER ACCESSES A SOCIAL NETWORKING/MEDIA SITE, THIS OR ANY NEW POLICY WILL GOVERN USAGE EFFECTIVE UPON POSTING. To remain in compliance, the SPFA strongly recommends that you review the Policy, as well as the other SPFA website policies, at regular intervals. By continuing to post any content after such new terms are posted, you accept and agree to any and all such modifications of this Policy.