NIE and People's Choice Awards
The 2023 National Industry Excellence Awards were held at 12 PM on February 14. Winners and runners up were selected from the following categories:
Commercial Enclosure (formerly Commercial Wall) - Spray foam insulation installed in a commercial, institutional, industrial or mixed-use buildings in assemblies such as interior or exterior surfaces of walls, beneath floors, ceilings, under roof decks, unvented attics, basements, crawlspaces, under-slab or exterior below-grade
- Winner: Polyseal Insulation - Fort Yukon LRRS Barracks
- Runner-up: Homeco Insulation, Inc.- Fort Snelling Upper Post Flats: Phase 1
Residential Enclosure (formerly Residential Wall) - Spray foam insulation installed in a residential or multi-family dwelling in assemblies such as interior or exterior surfaces of walls, beneath floors, ceilings, under roof decks, unvented attics, basements, crawlspaces, under-slab or exterior below-grade
- Winner: Peak Spray Foam Insulation - Stowman Project
- Runner-up: Spray All - Tibbot House
Roof Under 40,000 sq ft - Spray foam roofing systems (foam and coatings) installed on the top surface of a low-slope or sloped roof deck on a residential or commercial building where the total sprayed area is less than 40,000 SF. Includes spray foam roof restoration and re-coating.
- Winner: Wedge Roofing – Napa County Vineyard
- Runner up: Central Coating Compay - Bay Area Luxury Apartments
Roof Over 40,000 sq ft - Spray foam roofing systems (foam and coatings) installed on the top surface of a low-slope or sloped roof deck on a residential or commercial building where the total sprayed area is greater than 40,000 SF. Includes spray foam roof restoration and re-coating.
- Winner: West Roofing - Sharpsville Container
- Runner-up: Draper Construction and Commercial Roofing - Southgate Shopping Center
Specialty Applications - Novel or non-traditional applications of SPF insulation or roofing systems not addressed by the four categories above. These can include applications such as underground piping, storage tanks, theatrical stage sets, etc.
Elastomeric Roof Coatings - Application of elastomeric roof coatings designed for new roof waterproofing installations on substrates other than spray foam. This category is limited to elastomeric coatings defined in SPFA-102.
- Winner: Wedge Roofing - Hotel Heraldsburg
- Runner-up: West Roofing Systems - New Covert Generating Pumphouse Wall Coating
Concrete Lifting (NEW) - Application of a special closed-cell SPF formulation to lift and stabilize concrete slabs and building foundations. .
Grand Prize - This year a grand prize, consisting of two $5,000 local marketing support packages, was awarded to two of the seven category winners via a random drawing. This prize was funded by a generous sponsorship from Arkema and Evonik. The winner of the grand prizes were:
- West Roofing
- MIdWest Spray Foam Insulation
Many thanks to the the NIE Award Sponsors, Arkema and Evonik, as well as the competition judges that volunteered their time to evaluate each entry:
- Doug Kramer - Kramer Consulting, LLC
- Tom Harris - Tom Harris PUR Consulting, LLC
- Jim Andersen - JA Consulting, LLC
- Ryan Dalgleish - Air Barrier Association of America
- Laverne Dalgleish - Air Barrier Association of America
- Phil Robarge - Wood Environmental and Infrastructure Solutions, Inc.
Spray Foam Worldwide Spray Competition
Also announced during the opening reception on Tuesday afternoon were the finalists of the 2023 SFWW Spray Competition. The second place finishers received a cash prize and the winners received numerous prizes, cash and a Tier 1 SPFA Contractor Membership.
1st: Rod Schares
2nd: Wesley Wikert
3rd: Jesse Ramsey
1st: Anthony Passanisi
2nd: Chris Keeton
3rd: Stuart Snyder