The SPFA Equipment Committee addresses all technical issues regarding spray equipment, auxiliary equipment and spray rig operations and maintenance.
Chair: John Courier, Equipment & Coatings Technologies LLC (email John)
- Provide a wide range of technical information to the SPF industry to help members select equipment that best suits customers’ needs using input data for customers’ applications.
- Maintain current SPFA TechDocs SPFA-137 Spray Polyurethane Equipment Guidelines and SPFA-144 Coating Equipment Guidelines.
- Develop new TechDocs and TechTips as needed.
- Develop a new category with non-biased performance facts for low-pressure (under 1K) spray foam systems as they enter the market.
- Identify, explore, develop, and communicate an understanding of technical issues related to SPF processing equipment.
- Provide a forum for SPF equipment and accessory suppliers and members who perform equipment maintenance services, troubleshooting, rebuilding and complete overhauls.
- Develop guidelines for best-practices, safe and efficient design and maintenance of SPF equipment, rigs, and accessories.
- Identify all types of spray guns, categorizing as appropriate into plastic/throw-away, air purge, mechanical purge, manually operated no air, and re-useable low-pressure guns.
- Identify all types of available proportioners.
- Provide better data analysis of ancillary equipment used with and for the backup of SPF equipment.
- Analyze and categorize SPF equipment into low-pressure, high-pressure, and OGV mask types.
This is the public page for the committee. SPFA Members can view the activities of this SPFA committee if your member type allows you to join this committee. Log in as a member to your My Profile page and select Committees and Groups on the left of your dashboard. Click on the committee page name to access the members-only committee webpage.