The experienced insulation specialists at Dr. Energy Saver Delmarva can provide expert spray foam insulation for your home. We serve the Delmarva Peninsula with highly trained local installers. Whether you're looking to install, replace, or upgrade your home insulation with energy efficient spray foam, or to increase your comfort and decrease your energy bills with home insulation improvements, call or contact us online today to schedule a Free Spray Foam Insulation Estimate. Applications for spray foam include roofs, exterior walls, garages, crawl spaces, basement walls, sealing air leaks from pipe penetrations, and more.
- SPFA-118 Moisture Vapor Transmission
A 15-page paper on moisture vapor transmission through SPF including tables and sample calculations.
- SPFA-119 Glossary of Terms
40 pages of definitions from A to Z common to the SPF Industry (updated in 2010.)
- SPFA-121 Spray Polyurethane Foam Estimating Reference Guide
Designed and compiled by the SPFA Technical Committee to include just about anything that could accept an SPF application. 64 pages of tables and calculations galore to assist your estimator and make his/her job easier and more accurate.
- SPFA-143 Primers: Why, When and How to Use Them
5-pages detailing the necessity for a primer and which to use on what substrate.
- SPFA-144 Coating Equipment Guideline
The purpose of this guideline is to assist those new to the spray polyurethane foam (SPF) business in the selection of equipment to apply protective coatings and primers.
- SPFA-112 Spray Polyurethane Foam For Residential Building Envelope Insulation and Air Seal
This guideline consists of 15 pages and discusses the importance of job "sequencing and scheduling" along with vapor retarders and thermal barrier applications.
- SPFA-126 Thermal and Ignition Barriers For The SPF Industry
The major revision of this document clearly explains the requirements for both thermal and iginition barriers, and the tests currently accepted to qualify these materials. (Revised 2011)
- SPFA-134 Guideline for Insulating Metal Buildings with Spray Applied Polyurethane Foam
17-pages including substrate considerations, vapor retarder applications, thermal barrier applications and four vapor drive details.
- SPFA-140 Spray Polyurethane Foam for Exterior Subgrade Thermal and Moisture Protection
10-pages of Subgrade evaluation and preparation guidelines including waterproofing and moisture protection.
- SPFA-141 Spray Polyurethane Foam and Cathedral Roofs and Cathedralized Attics
To vent or not to vent...is discussed for typical applications for SPF.
- SPFA-145 Surface Texture Of Spray Polyurethane Foam
SPF surface texture is the resulting surface from the final pass of SPF. This document addresses these.
- SPFA-146 Spray Polyurethane Foam for Hybrid Insulation Systems - Part 1: Climate Zones 1-3
Provides a set of best practices for installing SPF in a hybrid insulation applications. Hybrid insulation systems covered in this document include the use of medium-density, closed-cell spray foam for insulation and air sealing in combination with air and moisture permeable insulations.
- SPFA-147 Spray Polyurethane Foam for Hybrid Insulation Systems - Part 2: Climate Zones 4-7
Provides a set of best practices for installing SPF in a hybrid insulation applications. Hybrid insulation systems covered in this document include the use of low-density and medium-density spray foam for insulation and air sealing in combination with air and moisture permeable insulations.
- SPFA-148 SPF Insulation Installation Certificate
This form must be completed and posted to comply with building code requirements for insulation levels and fire safety. This form is intended to be a guide or template only.
- NEW! - SPFA-149 Architectural Specification for High-Pressure Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation (CSI-Model Spec)
A model specification offering references to SPF insulation language, for use by architects, specifiers, construction professionals, and customers, in CSI-Model format.
- SPFA-102 A Guide for Selection of Elastomeric Protective Coatings Over Sprayed Polyurethane Foam
A 19 page guideline covering the generic types of elastomeric coatings, the why and how to achieve the best performance for the life of a warranty.
- SPFA-104 Spray Polyurethane Foam Systems for New and Remedial Roofing
There are 26 Illustrated design details included in this 46-page document, which is the most important guideline for the SPF roofing contractor or his/her applicator.
- SPFA-107 Spray Polyurethane Foam Blisters
What causes blisters? How can blisters be prevented? Different types of blisters are discussed and repair procedures are spelled out in this 6-page document.
- SPFA-110 Spray Polyurethane Foam Aggregate Systems for New and Remedial Roofing
This is an 18-page document that details considerations dealing with SPF aggregate systems and new and remedial roofing.
- SPFA-122 The Renewal of Spray Polyurethane Foam and Coating Roof Systems
A 16-page document covering roof preparation, procedures and considerations including maintenance procedures.
- SPFA-127 Maintenance Manual for Spray Polyurethane Foam Roof Systems
This nine-page manual, with photos, provides the building owner and maintenance personnel with a basic guideline for the maintenance and repair of SPF roof systems. This is the brochure that you leave with the building owner/manager when your project is finalized.
- SPFA-137 Spray Polyurethane Equipment Guidelines
For those entering the SPF business in the selection of application equipment. Listed are the five equipment elements necessary to spray polyurethane foam.
- SPFA-138 Guideline for Roof Assembly Evaluation for Spray Polyurethane Foam Roof System
8-pages including roof surface assembly considerations. What is an acceptable substrate surface for SPF application? Criteria for recover, re-roof, and tear-off.
- SPFA-139 Recommendations for Repair of Spray Polyurethane Foam Roof Systems due to Hail and Wind Driven Damage
This document provides a means to evaluate information collected from the investigation of an SPF roof system after damage has occurred and to make recommendations for the rehabilitation and/or repair of the damaged areas.
- SPFA-142 A Guideline for Securing Roofing Components with SPF Adhesives
Colored photos of typical jobs including single and dual component adhesives and how to apply them.
- SPFA-103 Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation Systems For Metal Service Vessels Operating Between -35oC (-30oF) and 93oC (200oF)
25 Pages including 9 Detail drawings and the 5 SPF photos showing the profiles of acceptable and non-acceptable SPF applications.
- SPFA-111 Spray Polyurethane Foam Systems for Cold Storage Facilities Operating Between - 40oC and + 10oC (- 40oF and + 50oF )
For those designing cold storage facilities and utilizing the insulating qualities of SPF, this document is a must.
SPFA believes that the path to a healthful, safe, high-quality and performing SPF installation travels through the hands of a knowledgeable, trained, experienced, and ideally PCP-certified professional contractor.