On this site you will find the resources to:
* Understand the concept of Air Barrier Systems
* Design Air Barrier Systems
* Specify Air Barrier Systems in your Building Enclosure
* Locate Manufactures and Distributors of Air Barrier Materials
* Locate Contractors who Install Air Barrier Assemblies and Systems
* Incorporate ABAA’s Quality Assurance Program into your Project
These resources will allow you to provide a working and effective Air Barrier System in your building.
A unit of water vapor permeance defined as 1 grain of water vapor per square foot per hour per inch of mercury water vapor pressure difference (1 inch of mercury = 0.49 psi). Perm = 1 grain/ft2•hr•in Hg. The SI unit for permeance is ng/s•m2•Pa (1 perm = 57.4 ng/s•m2•Pa).
SPFA believes that the path to a healthful, safe, high-quality and performing SPF installation travels through the hands of a knowledgeable, trained, experienced, and ideally PCP-certified professional contractor.