Surrounding yourself with nature in everything you do and buy would certainly be ideal! There are so many toxins and synthetics everywhere, its overwhelming. From the food we buy to the house we own, we learn about harmful pesticides and cancer causing carcinogens. We do all types of things to rid our lives from these attackers, but what about the air we breath in our own homes?
Resources and Links
- Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) - The Air Barrier Association of America (ABAA) was incorporated in the State of Massachusetts in 2001 and consists of stakeholders in the building enclosure industry. Such stakeholders include manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, architects, engineers, contractors, researchers, testing & audit agencies, consultants and building owners. ABAA is focused on leading the industry into the future in a progressive and professional manner. We are the national voice of the air barrier industry in America.
- American Chemistry Council (ACC) - The American Chemistry Council's (ACC's) mission is to deliver business value through exceptional advocacy using best-in-class member performance, political engagement, communications and scientific research. We are committed to sustainable development by fostering progress in our economy, environment and society.
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) - The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization that acts as a cataclyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviours.
- Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) - BPI develops standards for energy efficiency retrofit work using an open, transparent, consensus-based process built on sound building science. From these standards, we’ve developed professional credentials for individuals, accreditation for contracting companies –including quality assurance programs– that help raise the bar in home performance contracting. http://www.bpi.org/home.aspx
- Canadian Urethane Foam Contractors Association (CUFCA) - CUFCA is the national association actively promoting the NUMBER ONE insulation product - spray-applied polyurethane foam. The Canadian Urethane Foam Contractors Association Inc. (CUFCA) provides the solutions you need today.
- Center for Environmental Innovation in Roofing (CEIR) - The Center for Environmental Innovation in Roofing, is dedicated to promoting the development and use of environmentally responsible, high performance roof systems.
- The Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) - The Center for the Polyurethanes Industry (CPI) of the American Chemistry Council serves as the voice of the polyurethanes industry in North America, promoting sustainable development and coordinating with polyurethane trade associations across the globe.
- CPI's SprayFoam Coalition (SFC) - The SFC is a dynamic organization of companies that produce and sell polyurethane spray foam insulation systems and the chemicals and equipment necessary for their use. The SFC champions the use of spray polyurethane foam in U.S. building and construction applications by promoting its benefits, providing a forum to help shape public policy on issues critical to the industry, and supporting the safe manufacture, transport and application of spray polyurethane foam (SPF).
- Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency (DSIRE) - DSIRE is a comprehensive source of information on state, federal, local, and utility incentives and policies that support renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- DOE Building Technologies - Leads a vast network of research and industry partners to continually develop innovative, cost-effective energy saving solutions—better products, better new homes, better ways to improve older homes, and better buildings in which we work, shop, and lead our everyday lives.
- EPA Design for the Environment - The U.S. EPA's Design for the Environment program helps consumers, businesses, and institutional buyers identify cleaning and other products that perform well, are cost-effective, and are safer for the environment.
- EPA Energy Star - ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping us all save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
- Insulation Contractors Association of America (ICAA) - Insulation Contractors Association of America, the trade association for residential and commercial thermal insulation contractors, has been helping insulators and their suppliers for over thirty years. We promote professionalism in the residential and commercial insulation contracting industry.
- National Insulation Contractors' Exchange (NICE) - The National Insulation Contractors' Exchange, LLC is a group of independent insulation contractors located throughout the United States sharing a sincere desire to remain independent in the face of industry consolidation.
- National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) - NRCA is one of the construction industry's most respected trade associations and the voice and leading authority in the roofing industry for information, education, technology and advocacy.
- Polyisocyanurate Insulation Manufacturers Association (PIMA) - The Polyisocyanurate Insulation Manufacturers Association (PIMA) is the national trade association representing Polyiso insulation manufacturers and suppliers to the Polyiso industry. PIMA advances the use of Polyiso insulation and is one of the nation's foremost industry advocates for energy-efficient practices and policies.
- RCI, Incorporated is an international association of professional consultants, architects, and engineers who specialize in the specification and design of roofing, waterproofing and exterior wall systems.
- The Reflective Roof Coatings Institute (RRCI) - RRCI is the premier forum for reflective roof coatings discussion and, as such, membership is open to all who have an interest in reflective roof coatings, including architects, applicators and manufacturers. However, our primary members are manufacturers of reflective roof coatings and raw material suppliers.
- Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) - The Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) was founded in 1995 as an independent, non-profit organization committed to helping homeowners reduce the cost of their utility bills by making their homes more energy efficient.
- The Society of the Plastics Industry (SPI) - Founded in 1937, SPI is the plastics industry trade association representing the third largest manufacturing industry in the United States. SPI's member companies represent the entire plastics industry supply chain, including processors, machinery and equipment manufacturers and raw materials suppliers.
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Health & Safety - A new and enhanced website offering the most comprehensive SPF chemical health and safety information.
- SprayFoam.com - Spray Foam Insulation and Foam Roofing Industry Website Find Contractors, Suppliers, Technical Data, News, Events, Classifieds, Training, Magazines, Forums, and more. Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation, Roofing, Roof Coatings and Equipment Directory.
- Western Roofing Contractor Association - The Western States Roofing Contractors Association has been servicing the western United States roofing profession since 1974. Our 750+ members are educated, professional roofing contractors and vendors who are committed to providing the highest quality service to customers.
SPFA believes that the path to a healthful, safe, high-quality and performing SPF installation travels through the hands of a knowledgeable, trained, experienced, and ideally PCP-certified professional contractor.